September 22, 2016

 The Spooky Art of Scott Radke
I absolutely fell in love with Scott Radke's sculptures the moment I discovered them. He has a very peculiar, dark style that is haunting but intriguing at the same time. I couldn't stop staring at these pictures; it's almost like he's created his own little world. Imagine stumbling across these strange creatures in the forest - would you feel afraid, would you be curious as to why they were there, would you take a picture with them? I wondered if maybe he was partially inspired by Tim Burton; especially because of the spirals in the bottom right photograph. They look straight out of one of his movies but still unique enough that you can tell they are Scott's work.

If you know me, you know that I love nature - especially forests. Something about being surrounded by beautiful trees is so relaxing to me. I feel so calm - like I can forget about everything that's happening in the world for just a moment. So I was so excited to see that this artist decided to place his sculptures in nature. And to be honest, they look like they perfectly belong there. Scott Radke is definitely someone you should look into. 

Check out his website: www.scottradke.com

No comments:

Post a Comment